Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shipping Retainer

Options
TulsaMurph
TulsaMurph Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My egg came assembled and I am not sure if I have the shipping retainers for the spring band. I have two plastic pieces that have no apparent use, I have not figured out if they are somehow the retainers. Does anyone have a picture of the retainers and how they look installed?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• TulsaMurph,
    Do the plastic pieces have holes in both ends? If so, they snap over the bolts on the hinge in a diagonal fashion. The outer bottom bolt to the upper inside bolt... does that make sense? Try to put them on in this way and I think you'll see how they work to keep the hinge together. Sorry I don't have a pic but if you have instructions for the band, I believe the diagram shows where they go on the hinge.
    HTH,
    wrobs
  • TulsaMurph
    Options
    Thanks, that was it. For some reason, I just couldn't see it that way the first time I tried to figure out if that is what those plastic pieces were. Spring bands are adjusted now, thanks for the help.

John
  • Unknown
    Options
    lost my shipping retainer bars. what do they look like and what can i do to install mates?