Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Brisket Yet

Options
Love Handles
Love Handles Posts: 253
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made my best brisket yet this weekend. Cooked it at 225 for 15 1/2 hrs. Injected it with Fab B. Coated it with a paste made of Cow Lick, mustard and worchestershire. Used mesquite wood for smoke flavor. Had a football party and all my friends thought is was the best they ever had too. Many thanks to Nature Boy for his hints.
I don't mean to be bragging about how good it was, but it seems like brisket has always been a challenge to me. See-Yaa[p]

Comments

• LoveHandles,
    Hey Big Guy,
    Congratulations on yer brisket. I have only done a few, my best one had to butts over it. I just got around to getting Dr. BBQ's book so will try his next. [p]Did you cook it strictly indirect???? No foiling or ?????
    I have been away for 5 days so have not been able to follow the forum, just trying to catch up now.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours,[p]Bordello
    aka New Bob

• Love Handles
    Options
    Bordello,
    Hey little guy, whats up? I did it indirect,fat side down for the first 12 hrs, then put it fat side up for the next 3. Didn't do any foil. I still can't believe it turned out so good. Also, it was usda choice that I got from one of my restaruant owner friends. See-Yaa

• LoveHandles,
    Thanks "Big Guy",
    Things are O.K. LOL
    I was just looking for a brisket this morning, can't hardly find a packer one here. Hope ya got a good price, choice here is about $5.59 LB. A little steep for the cut it is.[p]Cheers,
    Old Bordello

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    LoveHandles,[p]Have you by chance tried the Fab-B Lite? I'm ready to make a year end order and I have not heard many comments.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery