Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Cornfed! - WMK have a look

Options
DobieDad
DobieDad Posts: 502
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to thank you for your suggestion a month ago regarding my not being able to get on the new board using my old Mac or a new Mac at the Apple store. You suggested using Firefox. That did it. I was able to register and get on.[p]Firefox needs a newer operating system than I could put on my old Mac. That provided me with an excuse to go computer shopping.[p]I bought a 15" G4 Mac Powerbook. When I was cruzing the Apple store I told the woman helping me that I wasn't buyin' no stinkin' Apple unless I could get on the new BGE Forum with it (surprising how tolerant she was with this crazy request). I showed her how I couldn't get on the board, and she said something about Java, and that reminded me of your suggestion. I asked her about using Firefox as you suggested, and she said she thought that might do it. She downloaded Firefox and switched to it from Safari, and the rest is history.[p]Since you are a PhD candidate in this stuff, I bet you could take hours telling me why this worked. But it would be a waste of time (on me) that could otherwise be spent drinking beer or something similarly productive. So my bottom line is a 'thank you' to you for your help. I still crawl around on the old board mostly, and probably will until the mothership makes the switch. But now I can come along.[p]WMK. You can tell other Mac users who have absolutely no computer savy (like me) to try Firefox as a browser if they have trouble getting on the new board. Hey, it worked for me![p]Cheers,[p]DD

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]Excellent! Glad to hear I've contributed something positive today. Now, as you mention, I can go back to drinking beer and playing ping pong :)[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]You ARE my hero, but for the fact that you drank no red wine at Waldorf.[p]At the next Waldorf I intend to provide an Oz red that is so wonderful you will consider dropping your PhD studies for the opportuntiy to apprentice as a grape stomper in Tanunda.[p]You could do worse![p]Cheers, mate, and thanks again.[p]DD