Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guru and a Prime Rib

Options
T-47
T-47 Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking for advice regarding a cook I am doing tomorrow. I am cooking a 14-pound boneless Prime Rib. I have a recipe that I did last Christmas on my WSM for a Herb Crusted Prime Rib. I would like to try it on my large BGE this time around.
My problem is that I have only used my BGE for Trex steaks and low temp (225) guru cooks. I have not had much practice with holding lower temps on it and don’t want to screw up this piece of meat. Can I use my Guru for a cook of 350 degrees? Or is that too high of temp for it to maintain? If so, do I just start it the same way, and wait until it hits that temp to put the meat on?
And would I use the plate setter? The Prime Rib I cooked last Christmas was bone in and smaller, but it came out just incredible.
As always, thanks for your help and advice.

The recipe is here if it makes any difference on the BGE. http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ribroast1.html

Comments