Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pinging Clay Q..what is "Greek Seasoning" in your brine?

Options
guavawood
guavawood Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can we substitute or make our own? My wife is helping me as we speak. thanks...we're standing by.[p]Aloha![p]greg & jackie

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    guava wood,[p]I wouuld immagine it's this Greg!![p]Maybe you can gleen some ingreadients..or order some for yourself!![p]I don't use many spice mixtures pre ground...but it is
    good stuff!![p]

[ul][li]Cavender's Greek Seasoning[/ul]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    guava wood,
    Greek seasoning; Ingredients: salt, Turkish oregano, garlic, lemon peel, Tellicherry black pepper, marjoram.[p]I buy it from Penzeys Spices. No Greek seasoning in the brine- its used as a rub for roasting the chick.
    Clay

• guavawood
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]thanks Clay & Chubby! We're set for Sunday..3 chicks, 2 brined and one with dizzy rub but not sure which one to use. I guess on a whole chicken I can put it under the skin?[p]Alooooha![p]Greg
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    guava wood,
    Sure, in the breast area. I find that a small baby spoon will deliver the seasoning as my big fingers splits the skin. Drying the outside skin of the chick will help with crisping. Paper towel dry and let the chick sit out in the kitchen a bit before it goes in the egg. Your gonna love the brined chicks. It's totally different. No need to do a rub on a brined bird-enough salt allready there. Give the brining chicks a turn a couple of times so they brine evenly. Before you cook, rinse with fresh water and dry.
    About the Greek seasoning- I make a marinade with lemons, olive oil and Greek seasoning then marinate the chicken 4 hours. It's really good.
    Clay

• guavawood
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]So that is a different recipe? I thought it went on as a rub after brining but before cooking. Maybe I'm not getting it. Looking forward to it![p]Greg