Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky is Finished

Options
Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pb050001.jpg
<p />Here is the finished Jerky. Dried for 7 hours looks and tastes pretty good. I think it is a little too smokey for my tastes. All in all not a bad first effort. I spun it a couple times during the cook, just to keep it even.[p]Look at that layer of goop on the dome...WOW!!!![p]Eggecutioner

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Eggecutioner,[p]Did you add wood for smoke or only use lump? Were you able to keep the 150-160 degree range? I've been wanting to try it using the Guru.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]I did use wood for smoke hickory and oak. I think I shouldn't have, it's way too smokey for me.[p]I used advice from Fishlessman. I used old lump and it was only slightly above the holes in the fire box. I lit it in one smal place and had no problems keeps 150. Daisy wheel was opne like 1/8" and the draft door was open like 3/8". I think the key is the small amout of fuel.[p]
    E