Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping to WMK on the new forum

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WMK,[p]I've been hanging out at the new forum this morning. It really is outstanding. I went to the cookbook, found a recipe I wanted and discovered that the "print" feature is excellent and simple.[p]I am on the "switch as soon as possible" side.[p]I have been having trouble with one aspect...at some point, my club egg forum listing moved way down the page. So if I click on Club Egg (and my profile's default view is Classic), I see only a large white area next to the main menu, user menu, user login and polls. Beneath that, two <pagedowns>, begins the forum thread listing. [p]If I click forums, the list of forums is properly positioned to the right of the left-hand menus. And if I select any forum other than club egg, it's threads and the control options at the top of the thread listing appear immediately to the right of the menus. It's only with club egg that it drops below the menu area. The wide views work fine. Without going wide, the flat and threaded views also work fine.[p]Well now that I've done all that view changing to see what works, I like the threaded view best. So I'll stay there and I have no problem (but the classic view still does :-)).[p]Thanks for all the hard work. It has been wonderfully effective.[p]Joyce[p][p]

Comments

• Trouble
    Options
    I should have also mentioned that I tried changing my font size when in classic view. That had no effect, at least down to the 10pt size. It seems like the frame that holds the forum threads is too large to sit next to the menu area.[p]Also tried to search the recipe area and received a bunch of MySQL errors. But I found QBabe's Coffee-Crusted Pork Tenderloins just the same![p]Continued good luck with this. With all the opportunities for interaction and feedback, it's almost as open as a wiki!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    WMK,

On the "new" board I recently noticed that the newly responded to threads no longer are brought to the top of the page. Can this be a elected feature? While the "old" board left old threads out to dry, bringing "active" threads up seems to be a good thing when it comes to reading older threads with new replys.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Trouble,[p]Thanks for all the info. [p]The "classic" view was created specifically for our members that prefer the current look and feel. Best way to view it is with the "wide view" option in the forum menu (since that is most similar to current look.) That will work around the rare problem of a thread so "deep" (the OT discussion from this morning) to cause the fixed width division to overflow it's assigned area in the normal (non-wide) view.[p]We are working on a new "varaible width" display template that should solve all of these problems and complexities.[p]The flat and thread views are the only ones that were available with the forum software that we started with; but many of our members don't like them.[p]WMK
  • WMK
    Options
    Trouble ,[p]If you used the new "style control" box, then it is only working in test mode right now (it really shouldn't be displayed yet, but that takes extra work.)[p]The combo boxes work but do not seem to affect the division size issue (i.e. the font gets smaller but the indent is unaffected.)[p]Not sure about the SQL errors. I am not getting any. If you could include them in a post, or email them to me, I'll take a look at them. We've not done much yet on the recipes or image gallery as the forum as been our priority -- and a lot of work.[p]WMK
  • Trouble
    Options
    WMK,
    What is the "style control" box and on what page does it live. Perhaps I changed something and changing it back will correct this issue.[p]My bad on the recipes...it was in the gallery that I received MySQL errors. If I click on any link within the gallery such as Top 10, I get this. The forum really looks great, and you have my complete support in placing your resources on that part of the site--it's what most of us really come here for. So this gallery issue goes way to the bottom...but I've pasted the errors below. It looks like there is a set of 16 (8 notices and 8 warnings) for each photo. Gotta love .php.[p]Notice: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1 in /home/mybge/public_html/includes/database.php on line 184[p]Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mybge/public_html/components/com_zoom/classes/gallery.class.php on line 182

• Trouble
    Options
    Yes, that's now an elected feature. Some folks didn't like the order of threads hopping around--makes for confusing references like "see the thread below" and then the thread below gets bumped to the top.

In your profile, select thread order and the drop box give you two choices like "most recent first" and "active first" or something like that. It would appear that the first choice preserves the order of the original post. The second choice reorders things based on which thread has the most recent activity.

Happy posting.
    Joyce
  • WMK
    Options
    Trouble,[p]The "Style Control" box should appear on the forum index on the right side of the screen, beside the banners, under the dealer locator.[p]But it does not work right now except in testing -- not quite finished.[p]The combo boxes should work though.[p]Thanks for the error information. I duplicated it and will fix (probably by upgrading the gallery first, then hopefully that will fix a couple of things -- that's not the only problem I've found with this version.)[p]WMK
  • WMK
    Options
    Trouble,
    The "Style control" is not displayed yet for anyone but us developers. My bad. You won't see it until we finish it.
    We did that to avoid confusion, but it confused me :-).
    WMK