Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max turkey gravy with chicken

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made 3 whole chickens the other day. I had them supported vertically and cooked them indirect. I used a pizza stone as the indirect barrier (plate setter on the wish list) with the egg feet above that then a drip pan. I tossed some onions, celery, carrots, spices, water, neck, and giblets in the drip pan. Cooked the chicken like normal, but then made Mad Max turkey (chicken) gravy with the drippings. Wow! Then I used the left over gravy to make a chicken pot pie. Wow again. Mr. Mad has it down when it comes to gravy that is for sure! It's way too tasty to only have on Thanksgiving. [p]Thanks,[p]Ed

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Ed in TX,
    hey, glad the gravy turned out so good for you. ... last year after tday, i started making turkey pot pies using the left over gravy. . ..good stuff. ...and i found that i could take the gravy from the fridge, add some more chicken broth to it, then a little thickener. ..and i could make it last a long time (kinda like using it like a sourdough starter) ..without losing the great flavor. ...