Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime rib, I forgot it has been too long!

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, probably my second post in the last 6 months, and I'm sure everyone is havong a ball in Atlanta, wish I could have attended.[p]Prime rib, I'm going to sear it over lava in the small, let it rest. [p]What was the cooking temp? 300 or 350? Or does it really matter?[p]Thanks,
Still egging in the rain....over 14" in the last...sheez I forgot when it started, 10 days agao?

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    egghead2004,
    Here is a link to the Naked Whiz's site for the recipe given by Mad Max's Prime rib. [p]Good Luck,
    New Bob

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
  • egghead2004
    Options
    New Bob,
    got it, we had an awesome meal. we seared, rested, then cooked at 320-335 dome. I bought an 11 pounder and cut it into 7.5/3.5# cuts. I put the large one on first, once it hit 75 degrees internal I seared the small one. The large one..for the inlaws who like well done, finished at 138 and rose to 143. They loved it. I and my wife however soon after they were eating, cut into our 3.5 pounder that came off the grill @ 130 internal and rose to 134. [p]Oh, I'll trade you a beer for a piece of that! Hey, why didn't you cook all of it like yours? Can I have a piece?[p]WTF? This family screems foul everytime I cook medium! So tonight I make 2 separate pieces. Well anyway, they all enjoyed, the egg pulled through again with top notch food.[p]Piece to all tonight, the rain has finally stopped. I at least see the moon, how beautiful.[p]
    Later!