Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri-Tips not on an egg (what a fight)

SmokingInMOSmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited 12:15PM in EggHead Forum
I had around $50 budgeted to either buy pizza for my employees or I told them I wold cook them some fantastic meat if they brought the side dishes. Well they opted for the great meat and with me just setting my egg into its table I asked if one of them had a smoker (big mistake). I show up on cook day with 10 pounds of tri tip and a barrel smoker waiting for me (the cheap $150 kind). For 2 hours I fought that thing and produced some pretty darn good Tir Tips but man was it a fight, one more reason why I love my egg. By the way even though it was a poor smoker with the help of a coke can cut in half to hold water inside and tons and tons of baby sitting everyone loved it, they had never heard of a Tri Tip before.
·

Comments

• tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    SmokingInMO,
    If you wanted a smoker, thats what you got. If you wanted an Egg, well its not just a smoker, its an everything thing. Next time ask for everything!

·