Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tri-Tips not on an egg (what a fight)

SmokingInMOSmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited 2:09AM in EggHead Forum
I had around $50 budgeted to either buy pizza for my employees or I told them I wold cook them some fantastic meat if they brought the side dishes. Well they opted for the great meat and with me just setting my egg into its table I asked if one of them had a smoker (big mistake). I show up on cook day with 10 pounds of tri tip and a barrel smoker waiting for me (the cheap $150 kind). For 2 hours I fought that thing and produced some pretty darn good Tir Tips but man was it a fight, one more reason why I love my egg. By the way even though it was a poor smoker with the help of a coke can cut in half to hold water inside and tons and tons of baby sitting everyone loved it, they had never heard of a Tri Tip before.

Comments

• tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    SmokingInMO,
    If you wanted a smoker, thats what you got. If you wanted an Egg, well its not just a smoker, its an everything thing. Next time ask for everything!