Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Interesting b/b ribs - over and under with 2 Dizzy Pig rubs

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On a whim this weekend I tried combining two different Pizzy Pig rubs on a rack of baby backs. They were goooood - in fact some of the best tasting I've ever done! First on Saturaday I gave them a nice dusting of Raging River and then wrapped in Saran wrap for 24 hours. Then yesterday I gave them a good but not thick smearing of yellow mustard followed by a somewhat heavier dusting of Dizzy Dust - regular grind. They went on indirect with hickory chunks for 1hr at 250° and 300° for two more hours. At that point my Thermapen said the meat between the bones was done - but since it wasn't time to eat I went ahead and took them off the grill - wrapped in foil and then towels and then into a tight fitting ice chest. They were tender - not overdone and quite tasty. I wonder what other combos of rubs people have tried. Anyone want to share?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.