Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr BBQ big time butt and short cut brisket

Options
BTG
BTG Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had 4 butts on since 8 PM last night (21 hours). 2 are done the smaller one(about 6 1/2 lbs) was at 200 and the larger (about 8 1/2 lbs) was at 195. Two other 2 (both similar in size to the first 2)are at 160, (confirmed with 2 different thermometers) and were on the same side of the grid. I have cooked all 4 fat cap up and was barely able to squeez them all in. Has any one else had such a large temp difference with the same cook? I put the brisket on about 5 hours ago on a raised grid and all seems to be going according to plan with it. [p]I have had great results with the receipes from Ray's book and couldn't be happier with the results. Is it true you have a new book in progress Dr. BBQ? [p]Dr BBQ, if you see this post. Will you be at Pigfest in Jan? My inlaws live near Drane Field and I am planning on visiting and getting an autograph if you are there.[p]Thanks for any and all input[p]BTG

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    BTG,[p]Thanks for the nice words.
    Yes, my second book is finished, and will be out in spring '06. I have just started the work on a third book for spring '07.[p]I plan to be at Pigfest in Lakeland, but sometimes my schedule changes at the last minute.[p]See you there.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • BTG
    BTG Posts: 76
    Options
    drbbq,
    Just pulled my brisket flat out of the cooler and sliced it. It is very moist and flavorful. Of the 4 butts I cooked one was a little dry, I think it got some direct heat with the grid so full. One was perfect, one is in the cooler and one is still on the egg currently at 187 degrees and going on 25 hours of cooking (8.5 pounder)