Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football has started!

Options
locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, it's that time of year. To kick off the big night I did some lamb. The only thing that could make this weekend better is for the Irish to start the year off with a win! SEE YOU ALL IN OKLAHOMA!

Resting Lamb..
P1010074.jpg

On the plate
P1010076.jpg

and some pizza we did for the boys last night....

P1010067.jpg
P1010073.jpg

Happy Egging!

Comments

• Eggtuary
    Options
    I'm so pumped about football season! I'm in an NFL Fantasy Football league for the first time, and a coworker is trying to score me tickets for Louisville home games. Between the Egg and football, I don't know how I'm going to fit in time for work!

Great pics of the food and quality time with the family!

Mike
  • locolongball
    Options
    I agree, it's like the egg was made for football season. Did some ribs and sausage 2night for the Miami and FSU game.

Everyone say there prayers for the Irish tomorrow. We are going to need it..

;)
  • locolongball
    Options
    Molly,

I did the lamb as a indirect cook, eventhough it tasted great, I didn't get that dark crust like you did at Florida Eggfest... Did you sear yours first...how did you cook that again.

Again, loved the way mine tasted but, did care for the presentation. Anysuggestions.

Thanks,
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see your post and thanks for bringing it to my attention. Confession time...I never use the new forum. I don't like it. But hey.

Lemme fish up the recipe I used for that. All my recipe stuff is on an external hard drive back in the house and I'm down in the sewing house talking wireless and the external isn't on right now. As soon as I get back up there, I'll take a peek. I don't THINK I seared it, but these days I go by what I wrote down, not what is in my head.

Be good to see ya in OK!

mSHark