Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Job DR BBQ

Options
MR H
MR H Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Congrats Ray on the Fox 13 morning report. I had to go to work before the second part was on. What kind of charcoal lighter were you using?[p]Keep the Green Egg before the cameras.[p]Cheers
Howard in Bartow

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    MR H,
    Hmmm..I wonder if he will now have to charge these media folks, if it's a good drive away, for putting on shows now that the oil prices are so high.
    Heeeeeee!

• RocketMan
    Options
    Ray came off very well, and well spoken, as usual. But the host didn't really give him much time to actually talk about cooking!
    They mentioned the OLN show a lot (does Fox own OLN?), and got a couple of good plugs in for Rays' book (and the up-coming ones)...[p]The Egg was shown in the first segment, and the host was wearing a BGE apron, but (Ray, or someone, correct me if I am wrong) I don't think it was ever mentioned by name...[p]The chops (Pork Chops Ranchero from Rays' book) did look mighty tasty![p]- Andy

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Rocketman,[p]These things are all different, and I'm lucky enough to have multiple people arranging them for me, but this one was arranged by the folks at OLN, so they got most of the plugs. I think it's great to be able to cross promote with the egg and the book no matter how little, and that sure wasn't little.[p]Dave isn't much of a cook, so I'm not surprised that we didn't get in to that more. I did like that he wore the BGE apron though.
    It's all good.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Thanks Howard,
    It was a $12.99 weed burner from Harbor Freight. Uses a 1 lb propane tank. It worked last night to light Lisa Marie, but I think I may have to get a new one.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ