Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating question for ribs

Options
Grillicious
Grillicious Posts: 347
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My son is having a birthday party Saturday afternoon, then Saturday evening we have another party for the adults at our house. I need to smoke the ribs in the morning, but the won't be served until Saturday evening. Assuming I am done smoking around 1pm, I need to keep them until 6 or 7pm. From TNW's chart the ice chest method won't work, so I'll need to refrigerate. Should I reheat in the egg or the oven.[p]Or...should I cook them part way in the morning, and finish them off early evening. For instance, if I use the 3-1-1 method, do the 3-1 in the morning, refrigerate, then do the last 1 with the sauce in the evening. Hmmm...I may have answered my own question.[p]Opinions welcome.

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Grillicious, do the last hour on the grill at the party. leave them wraped in foil and put in the fridge. About an our before grilling warm them up in the foil then remove and grill.