Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Scorch Prevention

ChiefChief Posts: 154
edited 2:03AM in EggHead Forum
In a few days my new table will be ready for the little guy. What type of device do I use to prevent scorching of my new table.
Someone did suggest use the feet that comes with the little guy.[p]Need help

Comments

  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    minicorian.jpg
    <p />Chief,
    I did use the little feet on the table i made for the mini,they work great.
    YB

  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    YB,
    I'm impressed with the set you have. Do you use the mini alot vice the small???
    Where are you exactly in the "Peach State"--I'm in Panama City, FL?
    Bob

  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    small_in_stand.jpg
    <p />Chief,
    I'm in Augusta.We use the mini to tailgate at all the UGA football games, and at home i use the small about 70% of the time and the large the other 30%.This is a picture of the fold up stand i made for the mini out of a bar stool.Next week we will be in Fla.We will be at Amelia island for 7 days.
    YB

    [ul][li]Folding bar stool[/ul]
  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    YB,
    Very nice YB. It is perfect for tailgating. What is that device on the thermometer?
    I will see you at the Auburn-Georgia game at Auburn.
    Yes, somebody has to be an Auburn fan. Maybe this year we will win some games.....cross my fingers.

  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    minihat.jpg
    <p />Chief,
    That is a 3/4 PVC coupling with a fishing cork in it.I drilled a hole in the fishing cork and inserted the thermometer,it keeps the probe from sticking in the meat.Here is a close up of it and the sliding top i made for the mini.
    YB

  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    YB,
    Ingenious! Gotta love it...Georgia.

  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    YB,
    I noticed that you have made your own daisy wheel???
    Did you make your a small cart for your small BGE as well?
    Like what you did to Mr Gas Grill.

  • Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    Chief,
    I certainly hope not.....[p]Roll tide, chief![p]B~F

  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    Bama Fire,
    Bama should be loaded this year.
    Hopefully, we can at least go a to bowl.
    You have a safe trip down here...lots of crazos out there.[p]Bob[p]War Eagle

  • Bama FireBama Fire Posts: 267
    Chief,
    We'll take our time on the road tomorrow. No real hurry -- there'll be plenty of beer right there in the car with the non-drivers. :-) Just kidding. Well, not really.[p]Bama should do well this year if they stay health and coach keeps his fly zipped. Seems to a problem for leaders these days.[p]Oh, well.[p]B~F

  • ChiefChief Posts: 154
    Bama Fire,[p]Hopefully, he has learned his lesson.

  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    YB,[p]That is a truly awesome Egg! Nice work on the modifications. You've addressed just about every "limitation" of the mini. Please tell me that you're working on auto-locking bands for the Small and Mini. I wouldn't be surprised to see a post from you with a picture of you cooking a whole hog in that thing![p]Very impressive,
    Cornfed

  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    YB,
    Nice job - neat top. They do make a slide/daisy top for the small though. I made a gizmo to hold up the thermometer too, I used a 1"x6" strip of heavy aluminium and bent it like a "U". The drilled a hole through both sides of the "U" for the thermometer tube to go through, then stick the tube in the egg. I'll take a picture of it someday. [p]You must have a good source for Corian.[p]Tim

  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    I have a slide-daisy wheel top for my small egg but had to make the one for mini,i do like Corian,getting ready to pack mini for a trip to Fla.Kaye turned 50 yesterday,retires today and we go on vacation tomorrow.
    YB

Sign In or Register to comment.