Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Burger

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried something different last night and it turned out very well, except for the hair missing on my right arm. I cooked some bacon and chopped it up. Then I put it in a bowl with shredded Monteray Jalapeno cheese. After adding salt and pepper to the meat, I formed the patties. Used about a tablespoon of the cheese/bacon and formed a small ball. Put in the middle of the pattie and reformed the meat around the ball and back in to a pattie shape, covering the cheese completely. These were great burgers and I highly recommend it if you are looking for something a little different.
I guess that even though the bacon was precooked it still caused flareups. I burped the Egg twice and still got a big flashback. I might have to wear a long sleeve shirt for a couple of weeks.
Oh Well!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Dawgtired,
    Hope the hair grows back!!!!
    I cleaned out my firebox and loaded up with BGE lump to smoke a brisket last night, I put the daisy wheel on and a egg fart burnt the hair off off my right leg, cooked the brisket 18 hours and I have it in a cooler now for about 3 hours, dinners nearly ready.
    Crap happens, but I sure enjoy playing with fire and food!!!!!
    360 guy-gary