Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Eggsperimenting with Chicken

bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
edited 10:23AM in EggHead Forum
Gretl and I have decided to work together to present a recipe for egged chicken at Eggtoberfest 2000. Gretl supplied the recipe, but since she will be unable to make it to Atlanta for Eggtoberfest, I will do the cooking. I am going to try out the recipe on three different chickens this weekend, with slight technique variations for each. Here's to continued eggsperimentation, recipe improvment, and to the Pennsylvania contingent! (PS. It may have an Indian flare by the time I finish with it!)

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,378
    Creativity and eggsperimentation is your route to uncharted territory. Go for it. Let's see, BD does chicken, indian food...what else???? If I can't make it can you cook up some squid for me??[p]hehe
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • Nature Boy, Let's hear it for chicken!! Did two Monday night for the mother-in-law. Olive oil, natures seasoning and a little japaleno rub for eggcitement. What they didn't eat they took home with them.
    Can't wait for the squid at Eggtoberfest.
    yours in the (cluck cluck)egg--The Colonel

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Nature Boy, I don't do squid.

It's Gretl's recipe, so I really can't take the credit. I haven't even tried it, just going to start working on it. We'll see. First chicken trial begins Friday evening.