Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggsperimenting with Chicken

Options
bdavidson
bdavidson Posts: 411
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gretl and I have decided to work together to present a recipe for egged chicken at Eggtoberfest 2000. Gretl supplied the recipe, but since she will be unable to make it to Atlanta for Eggtoberfest, I will do the cooking. I am going to try out the recipe on three different chickens this weekend, with slight technique variations for each. Here's to continued eggsperimentation, recipe improvment, and to the Pennsylvania contingent! (PS. It may have an Indian flare by the time I finish with it!)

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bdavidson,
    Creativity and eggsperimentation is your route to uncharted territory. Go for it. Let's see, BD does chicken, indian food...what else???? If I can't make it can you cook up some squid for me??[p]hehe
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • The Colonel
    Options
    Nature Boy, Let's hear it for chicken!! Did two Monday night for the mother-in-law. Olive oil, natures seasoning and a little japaleno rub for eggcitement. What they didn't eat they took home with them.
    Can't wait for the squid at Eggtoberfest.
    yours in the (cluck cluck)egg--The Colonel

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Uhhh...no. I don't do squid.

It's Gretl's recipe, so I really can't take the credit. I haven't even tried it, just going to start working on it. We'll see. First chicken trial begins Friday evening.