Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Weekend Fest

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Every year during the Florida Eggfest, several of us talk about getting together at another time during the year to come back to Silver River State Park and RELAX! So, this past weekend, we finally actually did it. A group of eggheads converged on the park occupying 5 cabins and 1 campsite and spent an extended weekend eating, drinking and being merry! We walked trails, spent some time on the river, kicked back and communed with nature, while cooking up a storm![p]On Friday night, Brutus and I hosted our traditional Meet and Greet at Cabin #8. Margaritas and munchies abounded! Brutus and I made a veggie tray with sundried tomato dip, homemade hummus and pita chips, Bluesmoke and Poqal brought the biggest brie I've ever seen and topped it with peach preserves (yummy!), and Rumrunner brought some of his MBT's (mild buffalo turds), which were delicious. Seems like the table was filled, so I'm sure I'm missing someone or something, so please forgive me for my memory lapse. There were just a little bit of adult beverages in the vicinity also.[p]Saturday was a progressive dinner (remember those?). We began at Cabin #7, where Wardster, Lady J, Noonie, and Bill put together a wonderful spread of appetizers that included mozzarella, tomato and basil bites, hummus, some outstanding wings (Billy, I NEED that recipe), stuffed peppers, and a ton more stuff. [p]Once we'd had our fill there, we migrated to Cabin #5 for the salad course. Dean and Buddy did a beautiful greek salad, cantelope and berry salad, some incredible spinich pies in phyllo, and again, tons more that I know I ate, but now can't remember all of it (ha, ha!).[p]The main course was served up in Cabin #8, where Brutus and I cooked Greek Style Lamb roasts and Yoyo prepared some wonderful side dishes. We had curry stuffed green peppers, stuffed mushroom caps with ricotta, broccoli and grape salad, spinich stuffed yellow squash, grilled vidalia onions (from Bluesmoke and Poqal), marinated vegetables (from the Rumrunner crew) and fresh baked whole wheat bread (from Banker John) to make the meal complete.[p]Finally, we crawled to Cabin #6 where Bluesmoke and Poqal served up desserts. Two kinds of cheesecake, blueberry cobbler and brownies brought the evening to an end quite nicely.[p]Some of the eggheads departed on Sunday, but a small group remained and got together for another day of feasting. The day began with a Baked Upside Down French Toast at Cabin #8, with some river and reading time interspersed throughout the day. Then, we gathered for one last dinner together, where Bluesmoke and Poqal whipped up some Tsunami Spin Crab Cakes and some wonderful marinated shrimp. Brutus did a Sweet Bourbon and Mustard Salmon and Yoyo and I made White Chocolate Raspberry Silk and a truly decadent Double Deep Chocolate Chipotle Creme Brulee. [p]It was a weekend filled with good friends and good food. [p]Cheers,
Tonia
:~)

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    QBabe,
    What a glorious time we had! Thanks to one and all for a Great weekend.[p]Ken

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning QBabe:[p]Sounds like everyone had a great time! Next time let us know when and Kathy & I would love to join in! See you in Atlanta![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    QBabe, yes it was a great time. Hopefully, by next week, I'll be back to normal ;) Don't forget the Smoked Bologna and the Texas Caviar ;) Just kidding, there is no way anyone could remember all the vittles that was there.[p](depending on your definition of normal, that is)

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Pics...where are the pics?[p]Sounds like I need to be on that guest list next year!![p]Where do I get the recipe for...??[p]" a truly decadent Double Deep Chocolate Chipotle Creme Brulee". [p]Slobbering in Cypress[p]Evans[p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Rumrunner, I think I see your name connected to a new delicacy??? MBT ??? My last batch of ABT's (80) were Scovile grown and apparently rained upon by Tabasco Pepper Clouds.... I never had a batch before this one without at least a few mild peppers. How do you tone down to "mild" if the peppers are ferocious ?? TIA

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    tn slagamater, I didn't use peppers ;) I used zucchini. Here is the link. Enjoy.......

[ul][li]MBT's[/ul]
  • penfresh
    penfresh Posts: 103
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I feel sooo left out. how come you didn't let us know?[p]Penny

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Rumrunner, BEAUTIFUL !! I GOTTA try those. Thanks !

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    penfresh,
    Yeah, me too!

• QBabe
    Options
    SSN686,[p]You'll DEFINITELY see us in Atlanta! We're looking forward to it. [p]The gathering this past weekend was the result of some discussion that a few of us had at the last Fest. We decided then to get together later in the year. Didn't know you had an interest, but we'll file that away for next time![p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• QBabe
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]Now, how could I have forgotten those???[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    tn slagamater,[p]They were awfully good...[p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Chubby,[p]I'm such a slacker on pics. We have dialup at home and it's grueling to FTP the pics to the server. Plus, I was having problems with the camera software. So, now I've just gotten lazy...[p]I've got the recipe for the creme brulee at home. I'll have to remember to post it later on after work. I've gotta say that it sure was the HIT of the weekend, as far as I'm concerned![p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Hi Penny & Egret,[p]It wasn't really an organized "Fest", so to speak. A few of us were talking back in March and decided to get together later in the year to relax at the park, so that's how it ended up being arranged. Folks pretty much kept to themselves throughout the day doing whatever they wanted to and then just gathered at dinnertime. [p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Ditto![p]Tonia

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I'd sure appreciate it!![p]Evans[p]PS...Ann (my lovely wife) and I are planning on attending [p]your "BabeFest 05" next Spring...any ideas on a date?[p]Evans[p](with visions.... of Chocolate and Chipotle's, dancing in my head)
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • QBabe
    Options
    Chubby,[p]The 2006 Florida Eggfest is scheduled for March 10 and 11th. The cabins filled up pretty quickly when I announced the dates a few months ago, but there are several nearby hotels where overflow eggers can stay. I'm hoping to get a block of rooms in one of them, but haven't begun those discussions yet. It sure would be fun to see you make it and I'd love to meet Ann.[p]That chocolate chipotle combination actually dances on the tongue![p]Tonia