Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have never been fond of pork chops...

Options
SmokingInMO
SmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
but I cooked some on the egg tonight and damn they were good. Very juicy and the flavor was fantastic, I guess I won't complian about eating pork chops again.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    SmokingInMO, pork chops are "next" to GOD'S gift to man and then HE threw out a teaser to the non-believers in the form of pork butts and then to the rest of the world HE gave us thin cut pork steaks to be egged hot and fast at 600 degrees for 2 + 2. What a meal!!! [p]PS...Guess who had it last night and is still raving about it??? LOL

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BTG
    BTG Posts: 76
    Options
    SmokingInMO,
    I have been getting 1.5" thick chops from Sam's, coat with EVOO and hickory and molasses Char Crust. I cook at 400 until 160 internal. New potatoes started about 40 min and asparagus for the last 5 min. Great results every time and always eggtreamly moist. My mother and father in law are in town and are enjoying all the cooking. Had T-rex NY strips tonight.
    BTG

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    RRP,
    i wonder how many of us had it last night too?
    we all seem so cheerful this morning.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    4a30527f.jpg
    <p />SmokingInMO,
    boneless pork chops rollups are easy and great. lots of combinations would work. these are green chili's and cheese

[ul][li]mango chutney and basil[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    try that again

[ul][li]mago chutney and basil[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    Options
    RRP, These gifted steaks also make great teriaki peices to put onto skewers with onions, peppers, etc. For some unknown reason women love kebobs. May have something to do with the amount of perceived work involved?