Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb Kebabs

JimWJimW Posts: 450
edited 2:02AM in EggHead Forum
I am doing some lamb kebabs tonight...lamb chunks with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms...seared for 6 to 8 minutes at 700F. Will that high temp char up the veggies too much? Maybe a lower temp, around 550F, would be better. Any thoughts on this?
JimW

·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    JimW,
    I haven't done lamb, but with beef/pork/chicken, I have been grilling at 450-500 for 5 or 6 minutes a side. The veggies do get charred on the edges. I started cooking the meat and veggies seperately most of the time.. I lay the meat over the hottest coals, and the veggies in the cooler areas.[p]HTH
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks. I'll have to try that trick.
    JimW

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    JimW,
    It works really well. Another possibility is to put some slices of vivalia onion in between the meat...even if they get a bit charred, they will add flavor to the meat.
    Have fun!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·