Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb Kebabs

JimWJimW Posts: 450
edited 7:33AM in EggHead Forum
I am doing some lamb kebabs tonight...lamb chunks with bell peppers, onions and mushrooms...seared for 6 to 8 minutes at 700F. Will that high temp char up the veggies too much? Maybe a lower temp, around 550F, would be better. Any thoughts on this?
JimW

·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    JimW,
    I haven't done lamb, but with beef/pork/chicken, I have been grilling at 450-500 for 5 or 6 minutes a side. The veggies do get charred on the edges. I started cooking the meat and veggies seperately most of the time.. I lay the meat over the hottest coals, and the veggies in the cooler areas.[p]HTH
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks. I'll have to try that trick.
    JimW

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    JimW,
    It works really well. Another possibility is to put some slices of vivalia onion in between the meat...even if they get a bit charred, they will add flavor to the meat.
    Have fun!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·