Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

breasts...turkey breasts that is...suggestions?

FishkillerFishkiller Posts: 42
edited 1:37PM in EggHead Forum
I've cooked just about everything on my egg except for a turkey breast. The time has come... anyone have suggestions? To brine or not to brine, that is the question. I've also got @ 30 different rubs but my wife has grown quite fond of DP raging river, has anyone tried it on turkey, other suggestions? What kind of smoke, temp, time? Heck, can someone just come cook it for me?[p]Thanks ahead of time,

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    <p />fishkiller,
    I have done indirect and direct at 350. Direct like beer butt chicken, indirect with drip pans.
    Use little wood as poultry soaks up a lot of smoke flavor. Coat with EVOO or butter to get a nice color.

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    <p />fishkiller,[p]We make them on a regular basis![p]Smokey
  • pointerpointer Posts: 41
    I cook Turkey Breasts almost weekly on my Egg.

This is my favorite technique:

Turkey Breast
    -Inject Breast with Chef Williams Creole Garlic Butter Marinade
    -Sprinkle liberally with DP Raging River Rub
    -Cook indirect over drip pan and Firebricks in Egg @350*, with water soaked pecan and apple wood (small amount), till it reach’s an internal temperature of 160* then let sit on counter for 10-15 minutes before cutting.

I am with your wife on the Raging River! for Turkey and Salmon it can't be beat.

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Raging River is great on poultry...I also cook mine indirect at 350 degrees until it reaches a internal temp of 160.

[ul][li]Turkey Breast[/ul]