Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

breasts...turkey breasts that is...suggestions?

Options
Fishkiller
Fishkiller Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've cooked just about everything on my egg except for a turkey breast. The time has come... anyone have suggestions? To brine or not to brine, that is the question. I've also got @ 30 different rubs but my wife has grown quite fond of DP raging river, has anyone tried it on turkey, other suggestions? What kind of smoke, temp, time? Heck, can someone just come cook it for me?[p]Thanks ahead of time,
fishkiller

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    turkeybreast.jpg
    <p />fishkiller,
    I have done indirect and direct at 350. Direct like beer butt chicken, indirect with drip pans.
    Use little wood as poultry soaks up a lot of smoke flavor. Coat with EVOO or butter to get a nice color.
    HTH[p]Mike

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Turkey.jpg
    <p />fishkiller,[p]We make them on a regular basis![p]Smokey
  • pointer
    pointer Posts: 41
    Options
    I cook Turkey Breasts almost weekly on my Egg.

This is my favorite technique:

Turkey Breast
    -Inject Breast with Chef Williams Creole Garlic Butter Marinade
    -Sprinkle liberally with DP Raging River Rub
    -Cook indirect over drip pan and Firebricks in Egg @350*, with water soaked pecan and apple wood (small amount), till it reach’s an internal temperature of 160* then let sit on counter for 10-15 minutes before cutting.

I am with your wife on the Raging River! for Turkey and Salmon it can't be beat.

Enjoy!!
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    fishkiller,
    Raging River is great on poultry...I also cook mine indirect at 350 degrees until it reaches a internal temp of 160.
    Larry

[ul][li]Turkey Breast[/ul]