Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet Mignon Saturday- HELP!!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking eight 10 OZ filets on a large Egg for a Birthday Party Saturday evening and need a little help on the best way to cook them. Some like their steaks medium/rare and some like them cooked medium. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    dstew51,
    Take your left hand and without tenseing up place your index finger tip on the tip of your thumb. Then feel the muscle in the hand right under the thumb. Should be soft and , this is rare, second finger to thumb, a little fiemer, Med. Rare. 3rd finger medium well ( or very well to me!!!!!)4th finger (little finger) cremated.
    Hope this helps.
    360 guy--Gary

• mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    dstew51,
    I get my filets about 3 inches thick. Put on olive oil, kosher salt and Dizzy Pig Cowlick Rub and I cook them T-Rex style.
    If you use a digital polder, it is hard to screw them up.[p]good luck!!![p]mule

• Unknown
    Options
    dstew51,
    I like to roast them slow at 250 degrees. I use the eggsetter so the meat is up high. When the internal temp hits 160 I take off. When company comes I finish them off quickly in the egg t-rex style. For people who want rare I just warm for a minute. They are the softest and tastiest this way and easy to cook. I usually buy the Filet as a big roast cook slow for one a half hours Then cut at whatever thickness when company come and finish off on the egg without the eggsetter.

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    I usually do them at 300 followed with a sear.
    Will have to try 250.[p]Toy Man

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks everyone!