Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brining Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine recently gave me a recipe for brining ribs in a solution of sea salt, sugar, and water....the outcome, he said, is that the ribs retain their moisture better (he does not cook on an Egg)......My question....Since the Egg helps food hold their moisture naturally, is brining a good idea? bad idea? indifferent idea?.....BTW, I cook ribs direct at around 230 for 3.5 to 4 hours

Comments

• Dixie_Flyer
    Options
    AUParker,[p]I think that is a terrible idea...use the 3-1-1 method and your ribs will be plenty moist and plenty good!
  • Unknown
    Options
    AUParker,[p]No need to brine, 3-1-1 works every time, you will have no problems with drying out. You could spray apple juice on the ribs every 30min. to 1 hr and prior to placing in foil. I don't think it is neccessary however, it is a great excuse to pop open a cold one and have a heart to heart with your egg.