Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Flank Steak Ever

Options
HolySmokes
HolySmokes Posts: 446
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About six weeks ago I bought a 3pack of flank steaks, and separately prepared each one for freezing with a rub and marinade. The first had DP cow lick and dizzy dust liberally applied, it was then rolled up tight and put into a vacuum bag, drenched in garlic/lemon marinade, and vacuumed tight and put in the freezer.[p]After defrosting this past weekend, last night I fired up the egg, opened the bag and quickly seared both sides, let it rest, and sliced it thin. It was the best! The flavor was great, and it was very tender.[p]I'm going to have a hard time waiting to unfreeze the other two!
HS

Comments

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]I do a lot of flank steak.. Your recipe sounds great. How about your recipe for the marinade? Thanks...
    Ray Price

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Babyray,
    Please E-mail me your recipes for flank steak. I have never egged them. By the way the butcher at Brookshires said that there are a lot of folks now buying Tri-tips! Seems we started something here in Mississippi after bugging the stores to get it in.
    Mitch

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Hammer,[p]What part of Mississippi are you in? I know of the Brookshires stores in Jax...if they are carrying tri-tips I will have to stop by next time I am over that way and pick some up. Im in Meridian by the way.
    David

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Babyray,[p]My usual lemon/garlic marinade of this sort is:
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/3 cup apple juice
    4 tablespoons lemon juice
    3 tablespoons melted butter
    3 tablespoons garlic power
    1 finely ground chipotle pepper
    1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper[p]This would be for one flank steak. Sealed in a bag with the meat, it goes a long way...
    HS

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    DHall,
    Brookshires on Lakeland Drive (HWY 25), out close to Castlewoods Subdivision. $6.99 lb.. Call ahead and make sure they have them; they've been selling out.
    Hammer[p]

• DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Hammer,
    Thanks ill call em next time i get ready to head that way