Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Wood fired sirloin tip well underway

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,299
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks JJ for the idea. I haven't been this excited in a while.
Got me a real nice fire goin with some hickory, maple and oak branches from the woods. Added some big pieces of taste o texas mesquite chunks (8 inches x 4inches x 1 inch.) Man that stuff burtns hot!! Seared the 4 pound tip on 2 sides (seared very quickly!). [p]Removed the meat to a plate, added some more wood and let that get going good and to get a nice coal base. Set up a drip pan with water (they had water in caveman days), and added the extended grate, sirloin tip on top, and closed the bottom vent to 1/2 inch. Immediately got a good dose of smoke when I slowed the airflow down. Cruising along steadily now, smoke even whisping out of the hole where the BGE thermometer used to proudly sit.[p]If I had to guess, I'd say dome temp is up there pretty good right now, but will slowly drop until next time I have to add wood. My clothes smell like I am camping. This is GREAT!!!![p]A hardy caveman "uuuuugh" to all.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments