Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coordination question

Options
Grillicious
Grillicious Posts: 347
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tommorrow I am cooking a 7.5lb brisket flat, baby backs, and spare ribs, and they all need to be done by 5:00pm. Assuming the brisket will take 10 to 12 hours, the baby backs 3 to 4, and the spares about 6 hours, here is my tentative plan:
- Start the brisket at midnight tonight.
- After the brisket is done, I hope be 11:00am, start the spares.
- Two hours into the spares, say about 1:00pm, add the baby backs.
- Finish at 5:00pm[p]Does this sound workable? The brisket would have been wrapped up in foil and towels in an ice chest for about 6 hours. Is that too long?

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Grillicious,[p]Seems like a plan, and it saves you from being up at 3 or 4 am to start Mr. Brisket. Prewarm the cooler for a little insurance. You can use warmed (foil wrapped) bricks, milk jugs with hot water etc., you can put an electric heating pad under the towels too. [p]The slickest thing I saw one winter was a huge marine type chest full of a bunch of butts and briskets wrapped in foil then overwrapped in an electric blanket. Two cable thermometers were used, and the heat controls on the blankets were adjusted as needed to keep the product >150*. Overkill for you, but creative.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]It's 100+ degrees around here now everyday, so I think leaving the cooler open in the sun might warm it enough. I might use your idea of foil wrapped bricks to keep the brisket hot after the lid is closed. My gasser will come in handy after all.