Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a Medium Nest

Options
Howdy folks, 

I am doing a hot rod resto on an Imperial Kamado to go with my XL BGE and I am in need of a Med Nest if anyone has one collecting dust that they want to sell. I will post pics when I have this project complete. It is coming along rather splendidly. Lemme know, and TIA.

Mel

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Have you checked Craigslist?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Vonbergmann
    Options
    Yes, thanks. I have been looking for awhile, but none have come up that i have seen that are nearby.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Just keep looking.  i was looking for an XL nest.  It took a while, but I finally found one thru CL.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Just keep looking.  i was looking for an XL nest.  It took a while, but I finally found one thru CL.
    A medium nest on CL is a white whale. I looked for a long time before @northGAcock graciously hooked me up. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    thetrim said:
    A medium nest on CL is a white whale. I looked for a long time before @northGAcock graciously hooked me up. 
    I have to agree. My most expensive used nest was my small. Just for the fact they don't come up on Craigslist. It might be the same with the medium depending on where you live. Keep checking if you don't end up finding one here on the forum. Best of luck and welcome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Just as a side note for anyone reading this thread....A MiniMax also fits nicely into a medium nest. It is not optimum height...but it is very workable. My point here is if you purchase one new, there is expanded use besides just a medium.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    I have two used ones......I'll get some pics for you.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Curious if you knew when the new modular tables will hit the market? Was in an Ace (Charlotte) the other day and see they have not started carrying them as yet.

• stlcharcoal
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Curious if you knew when the new modular tables will hit the market? Was in an Ace (Charlotte) the other day and see they have not started carrying them as yet.
    I have one here in the warehouse and just ordered two more for customers.  They're pretty nice.  Lots of options.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Blackhawk will start carrying them in June
  • northGAcock
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    Blackhawk will start carrying them in June
    I should have just asked you. Was in there about a week / 10 days ago and the guy i asked was not aware of the new line. Appreciate the update.

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    I thought I had two but the second was as older nest for a large (used to be the same size as a medium, but with the extra support bars)  This medium one is in really good shape.....has the rubber tips and the bracer bar so it's less than a few years old.  IIRC I traded somebody a table nest and some charcoal for it.  He bought it from another dealer but ended up building a table.  I think that was the story on this one.

• Vonbergmann
    Options
    See, I knew using Rockwood was a smart idea! @stlcharcoal, I will send you an email shortly. Thanks