Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

set up

Options
has anyone found an alternative to the plastic spacers provided for assembling the rings on the egg? im finding they don't stay in place very well and I seem to be chasing proper gasket friction around in circles. Why does this have to be soooo difficult?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    I’ve never used spacers so I can’t help with that. Here’s what I do.  I have the bands loose to start with the dome in place. The dome weight makes the seal good.I snug up the bottom band first. I push down on the dome using the vent to exert pressure evenly while tightening the top band. I tighten up the bottom band afterwards. I make sure that the bands have an even gap when tightening. Sometimes you might need to hold the band if it starts riding up. 

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    An assistant can be of assistance.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    No help other than the above...
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.