Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I buy you a drink?

Options
Found a cool little bourbon bar in Frankfort KY. A lot of mid level bourbon execs hang out there and make sure there is plenty of good stuff on the shelf. Nothing that you can’t find BUT what they do have (that I’ve never seen) are splits (375ml) of rare bourbons that aren’t available for retail. They are basically bottled as gifts but this place had a dozen or more for consumption. Anybody doing the bourbon trail should give it a whirl. Decent enough food that you won’t have to drink on an empty stomach. 

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Found a cool little bourbon bar in Frankfort KY. A lot of mid level bourbon execs hang out there and make sure there is plenty of good stuff on the shelf. Nothing that you can’t find BUT what they do have (that I’ve never seen) are splits (375ml) of rare bourbons that aren’t available for retail. They are basically bottled as gifts but this place had a dozen or more for consumption. Anybody doing the bourbon trail should give it a whirl. Decent enough food that you won’t have to drink on an empty stomach. 
    Heaven on earth! Nice find.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    and the name of the place is...
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Damn, sorry. Capital Cellars. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    I'd like to try the Kentucky Owl ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    For instance. Bottom shelf on left. 2 to the left of the Angels Envy are 2 375s of Yellowstone that aren’t retail. 
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    I’m not sure what’s in the 2 bottles in between the two KY Owls but I will. Some people like to explore caves and some of us have other objectives. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I see a road trip in my near-term future.  Thanks and given Frankfort is the capital I'm sure there are political shenanigans around the that place.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.