Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tortzza

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited December 2017 in EggHead Forum
UNESCO awarded Naples, "Pizzaiuolo", on it's Intangible Cultural Heritage list.  Thought I would make some dough, and celebrate.

Have been reading Rick B's "More Mexican Everyday", so those flavors were in my head.

Reinhart's Napoletana, 500g ball, day 2.  I had to toss, up until about 13", stretched the last 2".
EVOO spray, chunky frijoles, chorizo onion garlic mix, Mex pulled pork from a recent cook, chihuahua, cherry smoked Cabot white cheddar, extra sharp yellow cheddar, cotija, fire roasted poblanos and maters.

Go by sound on the BS, but dome was 400, stone 600s.  This is where I veered from NP, and went with a slightly longer bake, 2 min.
This is fresh off the BS.  It was perfect for my taste, brown, and just starting to char.

But we're not done.
Lettuce, more maters, tortilla chips from the local tortilleria, crema, cilantro, Cholula chile lime, and more cotija to finish.

Rounded it off with some Bent.

Cheers Naples.
Thanks for lookin'.
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    Options
    Absolute home run! 

Well done! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    That's a fine creation brother!
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    Winner for sure
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Atsa lotta stuff! Looks good though. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mas por favor!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legit man.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Strong pie game @Focker - very impressive

Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice. Reminds me of the taco pizzas  we’d get sometimes when we lived in Iowa City. But  way way better. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Focker
    Options
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

My food critics, 6 and 10, loved the pie, and commented without encouragement, as I was standing at the sacrificial altar.

"Right on target."  (Nephew pointing his finger like a gun.) 

"This is fire.....actually this is phenomenal." (Son)

Then I asked if there was something to add to make it better.  Nephew immediately chimes in, "It needs bacon".  Like bacon bits?  "Yeah!"
    He's right on target. LOL

After dinner, took the boy to his second live music setting along the banks of the Mississippi, Bob Dorr and the Blue Band, and he got his second CD.  Was a special night, started off with a special meal.  Love my little food critics.  :)

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    blasting said:

Strong pie game @Focker - very impressive

Thanks b.  Truth be told, haven't fired up the oven in quite some time, a year.  Thought for sure, I would F this up at some point along the way.   Felt really good, getting back in the saddle.  Need to do pies more often.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Nice. Reminds me of the taco pizzas  we’d get sometimes when we lived in Iowa City. But  way way better. 
    Thanks cali, you're spot on my friend.  The tortilla chips, lettuce, tomato post bake, were inspired by the Happy Joe's Taco Pizza.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Hahaha, love it brother. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Yep, looks like you might have a decent idea about what you are doing there. Yep pretty damn decent idea. Bravo!
  • Focker
    Options
    Yep, looks like you might have a decent idea about what you are doing there. Yep pretty damn decent idea. Bravo!
    Thanks buddy.  It was a fun rip.
    Will definitely do it again.  And again. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities