Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mallmann's Place

Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Would love to drink some Pinot by the fire, and listen to the master talk.  For several reasons, my #1 chef personality.  He didn't run back home to mommy and daddy, having them bankroll his first restaurant.  He took a sack of Focking taters...taters of all things!  And brought home the most prestigious culinary award....no runner up finalist for James Beard BS.  He could have sold out going forward from that point on, but didn't.

Laura's post is awesome.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Two huge influences in my cooking are Francis Mallman and Russell Moore who owns Camino restaurant in Oakland, California. Mallman reduces everything to it's essence in an elegant yet simple way. Like @Focker I'd love to spend some time with him. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    One of the most amazing articles I have read...
    Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Amazing!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Great read - thanks for posting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Fantastic.  Thanks for sharing!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio