Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My wallet may be thinner soon

Options
jtcBoynton
jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
edited August 2017 in Off Topic
My local BGE dealer moved about 20 miles away a year ago.  Today I stopped in at my local ACE to get a bag of Rockwood.  Just inside the door was a new display of BGE eggs and accessories.  They haven't even got the price stickers on the items yet.  I see my wallet getting thinner in the near future.  =)  Used to have to special order the Rockwood.  They now are stocking it in the store.  My local ACE is really trying to make it easy to separate me from my money!
Southeast Florida - LBGE
In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Watch out for those Ace coupons. I went in with a "50% off any single item up to $30" coupon. I walked out with a small Big Green Egg. I had no intentions of buying a 2nd small egg. I couldn't resist the small egg when finding it on clearance. Stay focused when in there! Don't catch your eyes wondering. It will get you in trouble!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Just a PSA kind of thing. ACE is a franchise type operation. We have two large competing ACE stores here in Peoria. One is a BGE dealer and the other is not. Not sure that either carries Rockwood, but I assume both could special order it as they both are serviced by the same ACE wholesale warehouse north of here. Maybe Jonathan can clarify for us.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I try to support local and buy egg related products from my ACE. Great guys. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    My Ace has been selling eggs for a year or so. I never even look at em. I already have an egg. Don't remember the name of my dealer either. Haven't been there since I bought my large... in 2009. 

As for paying Rockwood prices for lump, that'll never happen, even if they do start selling it here. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    My Ace has been selling eggs for a year or so. I never even look at em. I already have an egg. Don't remember the name of my dealer either. Haven't been there since I bought my large... in 2009. 

As for paying Rockwood prices for lump, that'll never happen, even if they do start selling it here. 
    $12 a bag is too much? Half off coupons float around pretty often. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

$12 a bag is too much? Half off coupons float around pretty often. 
    $12 is about what it's worth. But I am not aware of such coupons. Doesn't matter though. Not sold in CT. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    My ACE doesn't sell Eggs but it does sell Rockwood.....and Cowboy.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Ace also sells Rutland.
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just a PSA kind of thing. ACE is a franchise type operation. We have two large competing ACE stores here in Peoria. One is a BGE dealer and the other is not. Not sure that either carries Rockwood, but I assume both could special order it as they both are serviced by the same ACE wholesale warehouse north of here. Maybe Jonathan can clarify for us.
    Just met the owner of one of the Peoria stores here at the Ace Convention in Chicago.  They'll be carrying it soon. 

ANY Ace store east of the Rockies can special order it from their regional warehouse, but they have the choice of whether to carry/stock it on the shelf.  I've met with hundreds of owners over the last few days, so it's about to be a lot more.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just met the owner of one of the Peoria stores here at the Ace Convention in Chicago.  They'll be carrying it soon. 

ANY Ace store east of the Rockies can special order it from their regional warehouse, but they have the choice of whether to carry/stock it on the shelf.  I've met with hundreds of owners over the last few days, so it's about to be a lot more.

That's got to be the one which is the BGE dealer. Nice to know Rockwood will be available closer than having to drive over to Lindy's in Washington.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Grilltastic
    Options
    I also live in Boynton. is it the ace on Boynton Beach Blvd near Federal hwy
    Boynton Beach, Fl
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    I also live in Boynton. is it the ace on Boynton Beach Blvd near Federal hwy

I have seen that store order bags, but it wasn't consistent enough to know if they're a stocking location.  If you see them on the shelf, please let us know and we'll add them to our dealer locator.  

@jtcBoynton ??