Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Last Night in Tuscany - OT

Options
da87
da87 Posts: 640
weve had 3 great weeks in Italy to celebrate our 30th Anniversary that was in March. A week in Positano and two weeks in Tuscany (more photos, etc to follow). All of our guests are gone except for our daughter and we wanted a simple dinner after all of the amazing meals. Finally was able to buy chicken breasts - oddly skinless and only partially boned. Fresh rosemary and sage from the garden at the house and wrapped in leftover Italian wonder - capicola I think - to replace the skin.  Best attempt at raised direct and thought about trying to mimic an egg by making a foil dome, but not enough foil.  It was good anyway - pork made the meal!  Brunello (2010) alongside  

Doug
Wayne, PA
LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I like your rig there! Great idea for using those aweful public grills lol 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Nice!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • B747crew
    B747crew Posts: 158
    Options
    My wife and I will be heading to Rome and then Florence followed by Venice in November. We want to stay in a guest house or villa outside Florence and explore the countryside and cities there. WE have no family so this is a more or less seat of the pants thing and though I've done a lot of traveling I've never been beyond Rome itself. Any information that you can offer in helping to plan what has given you such an obviously wonderful trip would be very much appreciated.  Thank You Jack
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My grandmother was from Florence. My father and his brothers spent a month there reconnecting a few years ago. Bucket list for me. Enjoy!
  • Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options

B747crew said:
    My wife and I will be heading to Rome and then Florence followed by Venice in November. We want to stay in a guest house or villa outside Florence and explore the countryside and cities there. 
    If interested.

This is where we stay when visiting Tuscany.  Great place ... great people and centrally located.  We'll be there in September.

https://patrignone.com/Home
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Enjoy your time in Tuscany. It is beautiful. I hope to go back some day. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sounds like a very relaxing, wonderful time.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Looks like you are having a great time and food. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @B747crew - Hi Jack. I'll send a PM after we've landed back home with details and our suggestions. The villas we rented came through "Haven In" and "Villas of Distinction" and the wine tastings and some tours through "Cellar Tours". Good decision to come in the fall, it is crowded and hot now, but still great. Locals all say to come in the Fall. My daughter visited Florence during her semester abroad and made us go to Giostra for dinner. Their burrata is stunningly good, best I've ever had, and the pear and pecorino ravioli amazing. Had to have a Bistecca alla Fiorentino while here as well. 

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein