Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

#NationalFriedChickenDay

Options
Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757
edited July 2017 in EggHead Forum
Just got some tweets from all over the place. I guess it was yesterday. Anyone knew about this?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Damn, missed a good reason to eat fried chicken...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and declare today National Belated Fried Chicken Day, so go ahead and have some today...problem solved.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Man I love fried chicken. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I saw it on social media. But if you live in America, you have the freedom to make every day fried chicken day. And that means, I'm going to Hattie B's tonight.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I saw it on social media. But if you live in America, you have the freedom to make every day fried chicken day. And that means, I'm going to Hattie B's tonight.
    Would love to try that hot chicken if I ever get back to Nashville. Is the heat overpowering or do they have different levels of hot?
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wish I had that option, you lucky bastid.

I am watching Raichlen smoke Nashville Wings on Project Smoke right now on a Bradley puck-it smoker, they looked pretty good glistening in the sun.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Focker it does not suck. My buddy's wife is having a baby downtown tonight so I told my wife we were stopping on the way there. She said "we'll stop on the way back. I don't want you touching that baby with hot sauce dripping down your arm!"

@epcotisbest they have all levels of heat, even no heat. The medium is the best in my opinion, just warm enough to want a sip of tea and another bite. Not so hot you start getting uncomfortable. The mild is good but has kind of a generic flavor.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    Great time for a reminder:  July 29 is National Chicken Wing Day.  Plenty of time for practice.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @Focker it does not suck. My buddy's wife is having a baby downtown tonight so I told my wife we were stopping on the way there. She said "we'll stop on the way back. I don't want you touching that baby with hot sauce dripping down your arm!"

@epcotisbest they have all levels of heat, even no heat. The medium is the best in my opinion, just warm enough to want a sip of tea and another bite. Not so hot you start getting uncomfortable. The mild is good but has kind of a generic flavor.
    I'm with ya, Sean Brock was pretty uncomfortable at Prince's on The Mind Of A Chef.  
    https://youtu.be/u9ztecYHFwU      

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    Cool. I'll fry up some bird today. Great excuse.