Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

17" Blackstone Tailgater Griddle hose adapter for 20lb tank

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited June 2017 in EggHead Forum
Could someone please advise on converting over to the 20lb tank?
Link to the adapter?
Found a nice Blue Rhino tank with OPD valve at a garage sale for 5 bucks.  After refilling a full 20lbs for $16, this may be a cheaper option when in use.
My last new tank at HD for my 28" Blackstone griddle, filled, was $50.

I have no problems travelling with a tank.  

Do you park the tank next to it on the table?
Thanks in advance. 
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Here's the one I got after a squirrel ate thru the hose of a plain rubber version I first boght - https://smile.amazon.com/ADAPTER-HOSE-BAYOU-CLASSIC-MfrPartNo/dp/B00M26G432?ie=UTF8&portal-device-attributes=desktop&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

You can save a few bucks by getting a plain rubber hose if you don't have any of those little bastardos running around. :)

I place the tank on the shelf of the table underneath the tabletop. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Here's the one I got after a squirrel ate thru the hose of a plain rubber version I first boght - https://smile.amazon.com/ADAPTER-HOSE-BAYOU-CLASSIC-MfrPartNo/dp/B00M26G432?ie=UTF8&portal-device-attributes=desktop&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

You can save a few bucks by getting a plain rubber hose if you don't have any of those little bastardos running around. :)
    Thank you!
    The bastardos do run freely, so this is perfect.
    Pardon my stupid question, I take it this fits directly into the BS regulator, same size as the Coleman tanks?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• HeavyG
    Options
    Yep.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    I bought mine at Walmart. I leave the big tank sitting on the ground.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Focker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys, trigger pulled on the braided line.

I thought they were shorter for some reason.
    4' is nice, gives you some options.

Does one man need 5 20lb LP tanks in his possession?
    You're damn right he does.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Focker said:
    Really? What do you DO with them? I haven't had anything larger than a 1 pounder in well over 25 years. Not since my last gasser died. If I wind up using my BS 17 more than I have so far, maybe I'll buy ONE. So far, 1 lb is fine.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited June 2017
    Options
     If I wind up using my BS 17 more than I have so far, maybe I'll buy ONE. So far, 1 lb is fine.
    Michael - see that thread this week about that 4.25 pounder? I was all set to go looking for one as that would be perfect for my set up - and then I saw the price that with tax here would spot it at $50. THAT is crazy! But if I had @Focker's luck at garage sales I'd find one for a buck fifty! ;)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I just ordered a 17" BS and want to do this conversion.  Do I need a regulator on the tank?
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    I just ordered a 17" BS and want to do this conversion.  Do I need a regulator on the tank?
    No, the regulator is part of the Blackstone and you just connect to that.

• Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Really? What do you DO with them? I haven't had anything larger than a 1 pounder in well over 25 years. Not since my last gasser died. If I wind up using my BS 17 more than I have so far, maybe I'll buy ONE. So far, 1 lb is fine.
    2 for the popup
    1 for the pizza oven
    1 for the 28" griddle
    1 for the 17" griddle, and spare for the others

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Mucho Gracias @HeavyG
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    You mean there is no step-up coupler needed and the threaded female where the small 1 pound tank screws is the proper size for a hose off a 20# tank? 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    RRP said:
    HeavyG said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    You mean there is no step-up coupler needed and the threaded female where the small 1 pound tank screws is the proper size for a hose off a 20# tank? 
    The hose end with the big black knob connects directly to the tank and the other hose end is the same size/thread as on the bottles and connects directly to the regulator on the griddle. Nothing else is needed.

• Focker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @HeavyG,
    Shout out and huge thanks for the link my friend, a conveniently nice upgrade.  Left the hose and regulator connected to the tank and coiled on the top in transit.  Still had the Coleman green tanks for the firepimp cane, but no worries about a tank cashing out midcook.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Cool old school jumbo joe. I have one of those as well. By the way, since you and I are the same dude, I have 6 tanks as well. 3 of them came with a Weber Genesis I bought. Is it too many?  No, and you will be slapped if you ask again. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Cool old school jumbo joe. I have one of those as well. By the way, since you and I are the same dude, I have 6 tanks as well. 3 of them came with a Weber Genesis I bought. Is it too many?  No, and you will be slapped if you ask again. 
    LOL, truth, thanks bud.
    That gasser was a great deal!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    Options
    Focker said:
    @HeavyG,
    Shout out and huge thanks for the link my friend, a conveniently nice upgrade.  Left the hose and regulator connected to the tank and coiled on the top in transit.  Still had the Coleman green tanks for the firepimp cane, but no worries about a tank cashing out midcook.

cool, bro, but I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of that string of lights on the ground! 
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    @HeavyG,

cool, bro, but I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of that string of lights on the ground! 
    Lights up the ground at night, and much easier than hanging them.  My Dad gave them to me from his Christmas light stash.  I'd like to get some blue LED ones when these bite the dust, couldn't pass them up for free.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    Options
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    @HeavyG,

Lights up the ground at night, and much easier than hanging them.  My Dad gave them to me from his Christmas light stash.  I'd like to get some blue LED ones when these bite the dust, couldn't pass them up for free.
    I hear you, buddy...send me an email with your address and I will send you a BRAND NEW string of white ones FREEEEEEEEE ! I think you know my email, don't you?
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    @HeavyG,

I hear you, buddy...send me an email with your address and I will send you a BRAND NEW string of white ones FREEEEEEEEE ! I think you know my email, don't you?
    Thanks!
    Will do my friend.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities