Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL going to be stuffed

Options
I have the adj rig from cgs for my xl .  I'm going to be smoking 6 racks of ribs and a 12lb turkey for Easter.   Hope it all fits.

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Post pics!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,405
    Options
    You may want to satch the turkey-with that style you should not have any issues.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited April 2017
    Options
    if you have the xl rig two grid setup, you can spatchcock the turkey and put it up top.  it should fit ok.  

ribs below on two racks - sliding grid in middle of the rig and xl grid on the woo or platesetter. 

could probably fit some sausage links on their too.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Mikea5232
    Mikea5232 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the turkey.   I need to save the drippings from the turkey so I'll have to figure something out there as well.   But it's going to be great.  I'll post pictures when i get it all set up on there.   Cgs has me set up for the 9's for the XL.  Pretty pumped for this cook
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Sounds like fun!  =)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS