Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MomT wanted wings...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

so that is what she gets...brined a bag of wings from Winn-Dixie for about 2 hours in my usual brine...due to Mom's dietary restrictions no rub on hers (top left)...the others were a variety of rubs...top right is DP Mole, bottom right is Braswell's Cinnamon Chipotle & bottom left is DP Bombay Curry-ish...just put them on...

Cooked indirect with some cherry for smoke...start at about 225 dome temp then over the next 2+ hours let the temp drift up until the last 30 minutes are at about 375...ready to come off...

MomT said that should satisfy her wing-craving for a while!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Yes sir!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Good meal there!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Wings are always well received in my house. Everyone loves them.
    Your's look great!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Those look great! I'm sure they were delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Conway_Twitty
    Options
    Are you old?  That's the lowest SSN I've ever seen!  go momTTTTT
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning All:

Thanks!

Conway -- Yes, I am old but not quite so old that I have a 3-digit Social Security number (but some have said I might be that old)...the SSN686 is the first submarine I served on (the USS L. Mendel Rivers)!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL