Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami and Reubens! Pics!

Options
I had a corned beef point in the deep freeze and decided it was time for it to shine. I thawed it, soaked in water overnight and changed it out in the am. Seasoned it before bed, wrapped, and fired the egg up this morning.  I smoked it at 250° dome temp with some peach wood until it hit 150° internal. I then foiled it up with a little water and let it go for another couple hours. It was at 204° internal when I checked it so I gave it the ol FTC. It was a hit. I followed @thirdeye recipe. 

I made a reuben for me, and for the kid I chopped up some pastrami and heated it up in a pan with some kraut and thousand island. I toasted a slice of rye bread and chopped it up too. I didn't know if he'd like it or not, but he loved it! We are Irish so it was nice to see he liked it! It made my day. Anyway, enjoy the pics. I'm sure they'll be in vanilla order. 
NW IOWA

Comments