Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

An Unexpected Gift from........

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
........the great Lawn Ranger! We were "talking" on Facebook the other day about Anasazi Beans and I made a mention that they were hard to find around these parts. So, in the mail today came a box from Mike containing 4 bags of these precious gems from the Southwest USA. I was always fascinated with the history of these beans and their direct link to the Anasazi (Ancient Ones) Indians. For those of who don't know about the Anasazi people, they were the cliff dwellers of the Southwest and many of their dwellings are still standing in the four-corner states of Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. Mesa Verde and Canyon de Chelly are good examples of the many cliff dwellings found in the four-corners area. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was an Indian in a former life......!?  

Thank you so much, Mike, for sending these to me.......I really and truly appreciate your thoughtfulness....... 

Comments

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    That was a great gift.

For future reference you can find them here on Amazon.com
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    That was a great gift.

For future reference you can find them here on Amazon.com
    I had to do a double take before seeing that was a six pack.  I was excited for a second that I could tell my wife ordering from Ranch Gordo was a bargain.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    No surprise there. Mike's a great guy!!

I've never seen those beans, or even heard of them. All I see are pintos, navy and the like. The stuff that Goya sells. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike for Egg Sainthood  :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike makes great tools for Eggheads. Here are some of mine. Think I have three gridlifters now. Handiest Egg accessories ever. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great gift to receive John!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JeggHed
    JeggHed Posts: 20
    Options
    Great gift and surprise from John! Enjoy using it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options