Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime whole packer briskets at costco. $2.99/lb

Options
Picked up two midday today and they are on the xl adj rig right now.  Temp at 230...i am going a little higher than usual but will try out this new method thanks to all of the feedback i got from memorial day brisket cook (before we know it that day will be here again).

anyway, i am doing one for a friend and a second one just because.  No picts yet but all u here know me to be honest so it IS happening

I love the XL rig setup and i LOVE the bbq guru...

Maybe ill shoot a pict tomorrow am and put it up here but i gotta tell anyone out there who perhaps hasnt attempted briskys yet to do it.  Eggsperiment with the cheap stuff at costco, RD or smart n final.   Then, reward yourself with packers from SRF....

Comments

• Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    We're all in on Costco meat except their selection is very market driven.  At Costco here in Knoxville brisket selection if choice flats only.  Also, no pork belly which is something I've wanted to try for some time.  Limited selection on prime, usually only steaks.  I've asked and only get a polite apology. 

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Webass said:
    We're all in on Costco meat except their selection is very market driven.  At Costco here in Knoxville brisket selection if choice flats only.  Also, no pork belly which is something I've wanted to try for some time.  Limited selection on prime, usually only steaks.  I've asked and only get a polite apology. 
    Yeah I don't get that.  I suppose it must be a supply chain problem, but if they made prime packers available here in GA there would be enough people on this forum buying them to make it worth the effort. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGrabs33
    Options
    Only flats here in Raleigh, but we do have pork belly!
    Raleigh, NC
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Prime packer briskets by the dozens here but no pork belly...only place I can find pork belly is Whole Foods and it goos for $6.99 a pound which is nuts for belly.
  • SirSquatch
    Options
    Vac pac full Pork Belly, precut "slab" pork belly, Prime pre-cut steaks and Prime Primals but only brisket flats here in Northern VA.
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    ive seen pork belly at costco a few times,  maybe they sell out and restock.   Never had a problem obtaining whole packer briskets there though and these turned out awesome.  Took one off about 30 mins ago. Ill take the other one off in an hour.   

They smell incredible though and the dogs are going crazy....
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    I feel really lucky. Live between two Costcos, one 10 minutes away, the other 15. Each has great meat selection, including always having prime whole packers at $2.99 a pound, prime ribeye caps, prime strip steaks, pork belly, plus a surprise or two whenever I stop. Really lucky.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• westernbbq
    Options
    That is lucky @Wolfie51sb...   Costco is excellent for meat.  last year we were in san diego for a week and hit costco on the way in and their selection was bigger than what we had in phoenix
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Westie puppies! Love them! Tell me more! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • slheinlein
    slheinlein Posts: 20
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I feel really lucky. Live between two Costcos, one 10 minutes away, the other 15. Each has great meat selection, including always having prime whole packers at $2.99 a pound, prime ribeye caps, prime strip steaks, pork belly, plus a surprise or two whenever I stop. Really lucky.
    Where do  you live, I need to move.  :) only flats in NH.  local butcher has them but he's very proud of them and charges way too much.
    Large and MiniMax
    Mont Vernon, NH
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    We have a Costco opening up about 3 miles from work, and 10 miles from home this fall. Looking forward to it, and I hope they call prime packers like you other folks are getting, but I'm not holding my breath based on reports from others in the region.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @RRP:   

We had a male for 10 yrs, my buddy and took in a female after a family member died.  Two westies that got along great.   Well the male died 5 yrs ago of lung cancer and the female had to be but down last may due to diabetes amd kidney failure...soooo, for our boys this past Christmas, we found these two brothers, the only two in the litter.  I wanted to name them Eddie and Alex Van Halen but momma said no, so they are Mac and Duffy (McDuff westie childrens book) and whem we akc register them, Mac's official name will either be Randal Patrick McMurphy (Nicholson's character in cukoo's nest) or Mac Allen Single Malt.

Duffy's full name will be Billy Duffy of the CULT,  leag guitarist of my favorite band...

They are smart, loving, affectionate and super confident,   i grew up with Labradors but West Highland White Terriers are far and away my favorite dogs.

They are 4 mos old and we are having so much fun with them i feel guilty....
  • Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Where do  you live, I need to move.  :) only flats in NH.  local butcher has them but he's very proud of them and charges way too much.
    Suburb of Columbus, Ohio. Export the Buckeyes fanatics and it would be paradise.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Knoxvol
    Options
    Webass said:
    The have pork belly at GFS in Knoxville.