Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I founnd a new grill...

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A grill came to Peoria, but it is too big for my deck...[p]It may not be better, but it is definately bigger. The pit is pulled by a Peterbilt tractor with a Caterpillar engine.[p]Would you believe...[p] It can cook 750 10-pound briskets; or
It can cook 2,000 whole chickens; or
I can cook 1,300 slabs of ribs.[p]A quote from the Peoria Journal Star:[p]'This "Texas-sized event on wheels" based in Tomball, Texas, includes a 78-foot barbecue pit with 48 doors and seven smoke stacks, the tallest of which is 18 feet high. Four-foot walkways extend the length of pit. Between the pit and the truck's shiny red cab is an entertainment unit with a six- foot by six-foot television screen, satellite dish, speakers and a stereo with a radio and CD player. sting $762,000, it took nearly a year to build.' [p]Just think of the BBQ fun!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Gfw, I am luke warm to it..now if it only was made of ceramics and cost a cool million. :-) Just don't let Hounddog get wind of it..he will blow his acreage deal.
    C~W....

• RRPRRP Posts: 13,035
    Gfw, thanks for posting that. I'm sure it was a sight to behold and "Caterpillar Folks" got a kick out of it. A few weeks ago I bought a brat cooked in a somewhat similar big rig at Cub Foods parking lot from the Johnsonville Brat people. All I can say is at least my money went for a good cause (breast cancer research) as it sure wasn't for a good brat! Big isn't better unless it's in the name of Big Green Egg! (Yo, Ed, was this a product plug or what???) 8^)

Ron
    Dunlap, IL