Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I founnd a new grill...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A grill came to Peoria, but it is too big for my deck...[p]It may not be better, but it is definately bigger. The pit is pulled by a Peterbilt tractor with a Caterpillar engine.[p]Would you believe...[p] It can cook 750 10-pound briskets; or
It can cook 2,000 whole chickens; or
I can cook 1,300 slabs of ribs.[p]A quote from the Peoria Journal Star:[p]'This "Texas-sized event on wheels" based in Tomball, Texas, includes a 78-foot barbecue pit with 48 doors and seven smoke stacks, the tallest of which is 18 feet high. Four-foot walkways extend the length of pit. Between the pit and the truck's shiny red cab is an entertainment unit with a six- foot by six-foot television screen, satellite dish, speakers and a stereo with a radio and CD player. sting $762,000, it took nearly a year to build.' [p]Just think of the BBQ fun!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, I am luke warm to it..now if it only was made of ceramics and cost a cool million. :-) Just don't let Hounddog get wind of it..he will blow his acreage deal.
    C~W....

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Gfw, thanks for posting that. I'm sure it was a sight to behold and "Caterpillar Folks" got a kick out of it. A few weeks ago I bought a brat cooked in a somewhat similar big rig at Cub Foods parking lot from the Johnsonville Brat people. All I can say is at least my money went for a good cause (breast cancer research) as it sure wasn't for a good brat! Big isn't better unless it's in the name of Big Green Egg! (Yo, Ed, was this a product plug or what???) 8^)

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.