Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib

Options
Jameson19
Jameson19 Posts: 354
Large BGE, adj rig, drip pan for au jus. 300° powered by Rockwood and small chunk of pecan. Let's see how this goes... (I've screwed up Christmas Prime Rib before) 

Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!

Comments

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Have faith. It will be fantastic. I just finished mine and it was awesome. 400 for 20 minutes to sear, then 350 for another hour and fifteen to get to 130 internal. Took it off and let it rest for 15 minutes then feasted. I used a little pecan and wish I would have used more. That's ok. I'd rather sneak up on the right amount than over do it and get sideways with SWMBO :-). 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Looks like it is going to be a feast. Not sure if you saw my reply to your PM. Not sure I did it correctly. But I have a feeling that the place you went to is the same that I used to go to. Drove by the other day and it looks closed down. I mostly just go to Costco now. 

Have a Merry Christmas!
    Las Vegas, NV

• Jameson19
    Options

Pulled at 130° internal. I went indirect all the way at 300° 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Jameson19
    Options

Plated with hot horseradish, grilled asparagus and grandma's (my mom) sweet potatoes. BGE is the way to do prime rib! 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Jameson19
    Options
    Looks like it is going to be a feast. Not sure if you saw my reply to your PM. Not sure I did it correctly. But I have a feeling that the place you went to is the same that I used to go to. Drove by the other day and it looks closed down. I mostly just go to Costco now. 

Have a Merry Christmas!
    I did. Merry Christmas! 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks awesome! All were lucky who had Christmas at your house!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    I told ya!
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    F'ing nailed it.  Nothing like running relatively low and going with the finish temp as you obviously did.  I'm sure all enjoyed the cook.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jameson19
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was a relief when I sliced it open and saw the wonderfulness

Las Vegas, Nevada!