Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig came in so I decided it was pizza night

Options
Fed Ex dropped off my Adjustable rig combo with all the add ons today. I also ordered the 19" ceramic stone. I'm going to cook about 6 racks of ribs tomorrow, so I decided it was a perfect time for family pizza night tonight. Pick up 2 pizza peels today and away we went. Was shooting for 550 but it stayed mostly at around 600. I used Trader Joe's wheat, plain, and garlick and herb pizza crust, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, sausage, black olives, pineapple, etc...

I was a little worried about the pizza peel. A pinch or two of corn meal and the pizza literally slid right off. I cooked the first two for about 7 minutes. It was good, just the crust was a little doughy for my liking. The last 3 I cooked 9-10 mins and they turned out much better. I'm going to try and hit 550 next time and cook for 10 mins and see how that turns out. Everyone loved their pizza. On to the spare ribs!!!!
San Diego, Ca. XL BGE, 42" Lynx All Sear Grill,Thermapen, Thermopop, Adjustable Rig Combo, Maverick 733, SS Smokeware Cap, Flame Boss 200, Grill Grates. 

Comments