Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza stone on BGE XL

Options
this item is a must. Yesterday I saw the standard stone tent fits on top of the grate but remember reading there were many options to cook pizza. I like the idea of 1 large pizza was wondering if a 3 tier pizza cooker would work just the same or would the bottom crust of the middle and top pizza not be as crunchy. Does anyone have any pics of their set ups and maybe a few words on how you like it? I want this to be a one time purchase. Thanks in advance. 
XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Trying to envision how the three levels would work? They would need to be swing out grates to get pizza on and off?  Plus, you would lose the radiant heat from the dome on all but the top one. 

I use a inverted woo with stone then AR with pizza stone on top. Gives good separation between layers so I don't get stone too hot and burn the bottoms. 

The adjustable rig is really a one stop shop for the egg- haven't found anything I can't configure it to work for. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    There is a 2 tier pizza set up called the "Roswell Rig" for the large, but for the XL I think I would just go with one bigger stone and make a bigger pie if you need it. 

I have heard nothing but good things about these, and it looks to be on sale. 

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/products/175-round-ceramic-stone-xl

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.