Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another run o bacon

Last batch went out the door quick.

I was on holidays last week so I didn't have the ingredients needed for the new batch this week. I had to order in some product including the 57 lbs of bellies.  Going to start curing tomorrow.

Going to do another run like last time with the Rosemary and garlic, Jalapeno, Honey dusted, but this time I am going to do Bloody Mary bacon and Cajun bacon.

So many flavors so little time. I have about 5-6 more different ones I want to do yet. Pics to follow tomorrow am.

Comments

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Ever try the High Mountain Buckboard Bacon cure & seasoning from Bass Pro?  Has everything you need in one package...just get the weights correct.  I've tried several different recipes and SWMBO (sometimes I replace the O with an I (ignored)) prefers that to any others.  Good luck...wish I could afford 57 lbs at once.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    I have not used any mixes for bacon. I do and make all my mixes myself. 
  • hondabbq

Sorry guys. I had to turn in my annual budget yesterday and the boss wanted to rehash numbers at 730 am this morning. I had just started curing when he called me. Alas 45 minutes later, I had to rush getting all 6 bellies into 4 different cures. I had to get it done and fast before the prep shift got in.

I could take pics of the bellies in their Ziploc bags I guess, but they are the larger ones that are blue so they don't look all that pretty in the bags.

The Bloody Mary one looks and smells sick. I cant wait for that one.

• hondabbq
    Pics of them after 1 day curing. Overhauling them daily for 1 week and slicing next Friday. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Very nice....carry on!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • How did the bloody Mary bacon turn out?  I have a pork belly and I'm going to try a couple different flavors. Maybe I should add this one to the mix?
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • hondabbq
    How did the bloody Mary bacon turn out?  I have a pork belly and I'm going to try a couple different flavors. Maybe I should add this one to the mix?
    It turned out great. 
    You can really get the flavours of the drink. 
    Its not overpowering but it's there. 
    We actually had B&E this morning with it at my moms. There was 7 of us. 
  • Cool thanks! 
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.