Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alton Brown is coming Back - Watch This

Options
I just saw this on Facebook. Yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!! 

Alton Brown is returning to inform, teach and entertain us with a "Good Eats" type show on the Internet, not TV. 

But this time without The Food Network in the background. Here's the link. He can tell you all about it. 

http://www.delish.com/food-news/a49728/alton-brown-good-eats-coming-back/?src=socialflowFB 

Spring "Good Eating Starts With Good Eats" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!

Last night, the Cubs won.
    Tonight, I learn AB is returning!
    If, next Tuesday, both presidential candidates die in a tragic Weedwhacker accident, my life would be complete, and I could die happy too.  
    :triumph:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Just watched the entire hour long video, love AB.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just watched the entire hour long video, love AB.

You saw what he said about Big Green Egg...  He said he doesn't own one. They're expensive.  He went on to say the company gave him one for his show but when they opened the box, it was broken into many pieces.  And they would not give him another one.  So he will not be getting one.

I'm pretty sure they would hand deliver him another one, or two or three and show him how to use it.

He also said he would be doing a show about Sous Vide cooking.

He was asking for advice as to ideas for the show.  I had a bunch and I'm sure our collection of Eggheads could come up with a few million more ideas of things to cook, but he would need an Egg to use our ideas LOL.

Spring "At Least We Can Start Seeing Some Good TV Again" Chicken

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I also seen this on FB . I'm excited for it . 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Nice!  AB does an amazing job breaking down the complicated . . but I really hope he cuts back on some of the Thespian Stuff . . his heavy drama skits make me cringe.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If he uh would uh just stop saying "uh" so uh often. Makes me uh cringe! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I'm over all of the reality cooking shows.  They're awful.
    He made so many Good Eats shows that I haven't seen most of them, as such I still enjoying catching a re-run on television and it is rarely one I have seen before.  Always enjoyed his take on the science of cooking and throwing a good recipe at us in the process. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I can't uhhhh un-hear them uhhhh now. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    let's see how you do on camera for an hour unscripted  ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    uh, well, uh............

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Actually, it is scripted, and in the original show he did the scripts and research. He never planned on doing the shows himself when he developed them. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    BilZol said:
    Actually, it is scripted, and in the original show he did the scripts and research. He never planned on doing the shows himself when he developed them. 
    was not talking about his show, which is of course scritped.

thought CQ was speaking specifically about the one hour unscripted video which this thread referred to
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    BilZol said:
    was not talking about his show, which is of course scritped.

thought CQ was speaking specifically about the one hour unscripted video which this thread referred to
    Gotcha. I found a podcast he does and got caught up on them. That's pretty interesting when your cruising around the prairie in the wee hours of the morning. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Nope, I was uh referring to every single time I have uh watched Good Eats. Or any other uh show he has uh done. Drives me uh nuts!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Nope, I was uh referring to every single time I have uh watched Good Eats. Or any other uh show he has uh done. Drives me uh nuts!
    suck to be you, don't it?

hahahah :)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    must not be too bad... I have yet to change my name. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    neither have i.

;)
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    I have to say I loved the show "Good Eats" but the recipes I tried from the show were a big hit or miss.
  • Lvnthedrm
    Options
    Love AB. Plan on doing his meatloaf tomorrow on the egg. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    must not be too bad... I have yet to change my name. =)
    Oh, uh, SNAP!
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    I used to like some of his stuff, until that Camp crap he did, so haven't watched since
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE