Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuna-where to buy?

Options
Just wondering where you get your tuna.  Is Sam's/Costco a good option!  What about Fresh Market?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I'm a fan of fresh market for fish. But Costco is also a good choice- 

Greensboro, NC
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I usually go to whole foods, Costco didn't start carrying tuna near me until recently,  Sam's used to have a good road show, but I let my membership expire.
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks.  What is the price/lb for decent grilling tuna?  We finally worked up the courage to try some tuna at Cooper's Hawk winery and it was outstanding.  
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    Costco or whole foods
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    This is a little out there but try online ordering.  i forget the name of the place but it was in seattles public market.  Got ahi tuna tenderloins for a big party.  Yes itnwas expensive but the results were spectacular

Restaurant depot is another one...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    This is a little out there but try online ordering.  i forget the name of the place but it was in seattles public market.  Got ahi tuna tenderloins for a big party.  Yes itnwas expensive but the results were spectacular

You mean Pike Place Market? Fun to watch 'em throw the fish. I'll bet it was expensive - everything in Seattle is! =)

Restaurant Depot sells fresh fish. Some of them do anyway. Some just sell frozen. I haven't tried any yet, but it looks good on ice.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Yeah theres a place within pike place market that i ordered a lot from.  I think it was City Fish Market.  Good guys, honest, did what they said they would and shipped frozen fish to me in AZ summer that was excellent
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Trader Joe's has good frozen tuna.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I usually get my Ahi tuna @ Costco. It's in the $14.00 / lb neighborhood.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Our normal store for fresh fish is Costco.  They only  have a few varieties - usually Salmon (several types), Tilapia, Catfish, Tuna, sometimes Halibut, sometimes Cod.  Plus they have various types of shellfish.  I think their fish is very good. 

If you want great fresh fish, check out your nearest Restaurant Depot.  We have several within 1.5 hours of our house. The best fresh fish department is Philadelphia with Wilmington, DE, second best. Our closest RD in Harrisburg doesn't have fresh fish yet.  The RD fish is the best fresh fish I have ever had.

If RD was closer, we would go there every week for our fish.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA