Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First go with Joetisserie on LBGE

Options
I was a little nervous about it since I've never cooked on a rotisserie before, but real glad I got this gadget. Had to slide it around a bit to get the best fit with the Egg's lid, and finally settled on having it all the way to the front. That seemed to give the minimum gap between the lid and the Joe. Still, enough smoke came out there that I think I'll put some kind of thin gasket there.

Just did a simple chicken, but I was delighted to find it was the juiciest roast chicken I've ever cooked. Most pleased, and this is going to be a regular thing for me now. Next time I'll even take pictures!
Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I think spinning a chicken beats every other method easily.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Love spinning a bird on the Joe     
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    It's kind of amazing the difference it makes. Even SWMBO said that's the way she wants me to do chicken from now on.
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options
    This is on my Christmas wish list. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    You guys are killing me!  I am waiting for the XL version due out in a few months. 
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,084
    Options
    I am really tempted ... any pics @OhioEgger ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    I am really tempted ... any pics @OhioEgger ?
    No, sorry. I will definitely have some for my next spin though.
  • smokeybreeze
    Options
    Wow, a better outcome than spatchcock? Really?
    I'm not yet convinced. Invite me over for dinner and I'll be the judge ;)
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    I'd definitely  like to learn more about this.  Stuffed pork loins always came out so much better on my gasser with a rotisserie

Amazon has them for 250 which seem a bit pricey, but what the hell.  I bought the Egg just so I could blow $$$ on accessories =) it really wasn't the cooking.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    Nice.  Love it.  I got a spinner on my gas grill that has a charcoal tray.  Scorched a bird last night.  Next time, post pls.  Have fun with it.  
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.