Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Sushi

Options
Uh oh! Houston, we have a problem... 

A new restaurant called BBQ Sushi recently opened up in our neighborhood. 

We've been driving by this place and wondering, "Is this something we want to try?" So far, we've stayed away. 

But after reading a review on the The Woodlands/ Spring area, Tx. Foodie Club, we're going to try it. 

I have a feeling we're going to be trying to duplicate some of it on the Egg. But for now, they are conveniently located about a mile away, making repeat visits easy. 

Here's the link to their site: http://www.bbqsushi.com/ 

Be sure to look over their menu. Everything reads good. 

Spring "What Diet" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    thats a strange mix =) cant wait to see the egged grilled eel bowl ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    thats a strange mix =) cant wait to see the egged grilled eel bowl ;)
    I'm afraid you will have to wait for someone else besides me to try the egged grilled eel bowl.  I don't do eel...

Spring "No Eel In My Diet" Chicken

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Big fan of sushi, I've had some rolls that have bacon crumbles that I liked. I would think if more asian flavored Q was incorporated it could be pretty good
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @biggreencraig did tri tip sushi rolls at eggtoberfest a couple years back. 
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Slippery, slimy eel... I think not!!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks good to me!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Could become something, but no beer???  Major down-side for me.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    We tried them for lunch.  I had the Southern Style Ribs: Memphis style dry rubbed ribs slow smoked and served over a bed of honey chipotle slaw, and Sweetie had the The Argentinian: Chargrilled chimichurri steak served with our signature chipotle black beans, cilantro rice and mango pico $8.95.

The ribs were okay but not great.  The Chargrilled chimichurri steak was tough and had a lot of gristle, which I brought to the attention of the owner.  He said it must have been cut incorrectly.  I'm not a big fan of black beans so I didn't each much of the bowl.  He gave us a discount.

Overall, we were not overly impressed.

I suppose I'll have to cook some ribs now to satisfy my craving for good ribs (with the emphasis on 'good') .  I only ordered the ribs because a departing said the ribs were really good.  He obviously wasn't an Egghead.

lousubcap - they do sell beer and even sake, but we just had water.

I would probably give it a 7.

Spring "Being Picky Picky Picky Again" Chicken